Friday, June 20, 2008

What Is It With Stubborn Men?

Let me start by clarifying that I have been married to a wonderful man for going on 10 yrs now and I wouldn't trade him for anything but..........
He has this stubborn streak that just kills me at times! Not that he does anything bad, just annoying I guess you could say.
Take this week for example--
He has used this "antique" lawn mower forever--even though we have 2 much newer ones in the garage! His mower, his favorite one, is so old it is ORANGE! It has a cracked body, the frame is about shot, it doesn't have the auto shut off, it even used a milk cap as an oil cap for a while for heavens sake! Well this week the string FINALLY broke and I was set to finally "bury" it in with a wonderful yard ceremony (no fancy clothes required but please wear something green or orange in honor of it) and he dug his heals in and with the help of his father, he has resurrected (for the hundreth time) his orange mower with a new motor! Here is a pic of him installing the darn thing:


Within minutes I heard the dreaded.......it roared to life! Damn!
Now please understand that I am all for using what you have until it is truly dead or used up but this is pathetic! I think he keeps this one going because he knows I won't use it and since mine is still waiting for repair, he is the only one who gets to mow the lawn! Not that I "enjoy" mowing the lawn mind you but I would like to help him once in a while since he works up to 60 hr a week. He even foolishly thought I wanted to go buy a new one....for heavens sake why would I want to do that when I have one lying in wait already!
So there mine still sits....waiting in the garage for just a taste of his tlc....mine mows so much nicer, cuts a wider path, and yes, it has the auto shut-off.

5 comments:

pinkrosesglass said...

How funny!!! Sounds like a typical man! All you can do is shake your head and then sit back with a cold drink while he mows away :)

dreameyce said...

*giggle*

Sounds sooooo much like my hubby, and FIL! My FIL still uses the mower he used as a TEEN, and Hubby plans on inheriting it.... and yes, using it ;)

Mel said...

Sometimes you have to just "disappear" some things. I disappeared my boyfriend's old t-shirts. He would wonder aloud where his shirts went and I'd pretend I had no idea. Heheh.

OnAMoonbeam said...

LOL! I am not the only one with this "Problem" I see!

Sara said...

I guess they're the same at any age huh? haha.